Tinnitus UK has today announced that their annual tinnitus conference will again be held virtually this year, starting on Monday 25 September and running until Friday 29 September 2023.
Following the success of the 2022 event, which saw attendees from 23 countries take part in the event, the conference will offer flexibility for UK and international visitors with on-demand viewing, a dedicated networking area and an improved online interface.
The Tinnitus Conference 2023 – aimed at audiologists, ENTs, GPs, hearing care professionals, psychologists, tinnitus support group leaders, educators, student and researchers – takes place online this September with attendees getting full access to five days of lectures, case studies, networking meetings and seminars.
Each day of the conference will present a different theme, including the psychology of tinnitus, practical skills and the latest in tinnitus research, with more to be announced.
Speakers confirmed so far include a roster of international experts:
- Dr Eldré Beukes, Aston University (UK) – Social Representations of “Tinnitus” and “Health” among Individuals with Tinnitus Seeking Online Psychological Interventions
- Zahra Jafari, University of Lethbridge (Canada) – Tinnitus, sound intolerance, and mental health: the role of long-term occupational noise exposure
- Tinnitus UK – A tinnitus chatbot: digital tinnitus support
- Dr Marc Fagleson, East Tennessee State University (USA) – Tinnitus and traumatic memory
- Stefan Schoisswohl, University of Regensburg (Germany) – Unification of Treatments and Interventions for Tinnitus Patients (UNITI)
Caroline Savage, CEO of Tinnitus UK said: “We are delighted to be able to bring some of the best international experts to the Tinnitus Conference 2023, making it a “do not miss” event for the tinnitus community.
She added: “In these demanding times, the flexibility of an online conference, and the cost and time saving it offers, without any decrease in the quality of the sessions means the Tinnitus Conference continues to grow and helps promote progress to our ultimate goal, of a world where no one suffers from tinnitus.”
Once again, the headline sponsor will be Lenire®.
An ‘early bird’ rate of £100 will be available until 26 June 2023, with standard rate tickets costing £140. Group discounts are available. Tickets include access to all recorded conference material until 1 December 2023.
Tickets are available now. Visit www.tinnitusconference23book.co.uk for more information and to secure the early bird rate.