Designing your own research or evaluation project
- There are a number of toolkits available for developing your own project. The Royal Pharmaceutical Society have developed a programme of learning which guides you through the stages of project design. This is accessible through NIHR Learn (search for The Royal Pharmaceutical Society Research Learning Programme for Pharmacists and Pharmacy Technicians)
- The NIHR provide services with expertise in designing a research study, known as the Research Support Service. These services are staffed by local research experts who can provide guidance and support in the early stages of research study design and even support in the application to funders.
- Depending on the scope of your project, you may need to obtain funding.
- You may want to consider the NIHR Clinical Academic Training Programme or an education programme which involves carrying out your own research project.
- If you are inexperienced in research, it may be advisable to work with a research mentor.
Leading clinical research delivery
- This involves leading clinical research locally in your own clinical setting, whilst maximising the potential of working as part of a Clinical Research Network.
- Clinical research delivery leaders predominantly take on the role of Collaborator, Co-Investigator or Principal Investigator (PI) within a research team.
- The NIHR have a programme of training for developing clinical research leaders. You will need to have experience of facilitating research delivery before taking on a leadership role.