The Essential Guide to Grant Applications (EGGA) masterclass is for anyone thinking of applying for a research grant – either from the National Institute for Health Research (NIHR) or from other open, competitive, peer reviewed sources of funding.
If you have an idea for a health or social care research proposal but require help with writing a grant application, EGGA is for you!
What is EGGA? A free to attend, three-day masterclass, funded and hosted by NIHR Research Design Service (RDS) South Central, on how to write a grant application that is strong from a methodological point of view, reads well and presents a convincing case for funding.
Make sure your next research grant application stands out from the crowd!
The masterclass will focus on how to sell your research idea by:
- writing a convincing application with a good structure, flow and argument;
- presenting a strong methods section, including statistical, qualitative, health economics and patient and public involvement (PPI) elements;
- having a good project plan;
- engaging with sources of external support for your research;
- making your research idea clear and compelling to reviewers
- offering important tips on writing, along with guidance on what reviewers will be looking for in an application.
Optional one-to-one sessions with RDS advisers will also allow attendees to work through aspects of their own research ideas with experienced methodologists and facilitators.
Who should attend? This event is open to UK-based health care professionals, social care and public health practitioners, health researchers and Small and Medium Sized Enterprises (SMEs) who are intending to apply to any NIHR or other open, competitive, peer reviewed funding programme in the 12 months following the masterclass.
When and where:
- Date: Wednesday 8th to Friday 10th March 2023, 09:10-15:00 each day (exact times TBC)
There will be optional one-to-one sessions with RDS advisers from 15:00 on each of the three days.
- Venue: Online
For more information and to register, please click the link below.