MED-EL Account Manager: Hearing Portfolio
Location: UK - Based from home
Account Manager: Hearing Portfolio
MED−EL is proud to change the lives of people with hearing loss. Over 40 years of research, development, and dedication at MED-EL has created innovative hearing implants and solutions for children and adults in over 120 countries worldwide. Our mission is to eliminate hearing loss as a barrier to communication and this role allows you to directly improve the lives of patients for whom our devices are suitable.
Our global Headquarters are in Innsbruck, Austria and our UK Head office is in Sheffield.
MED-EL UK is proud of its dedicated team, who work in partnership with Hearing Implant centres throughout the UK, to achieve the best possible hearing outcomes for patients. Our team of highly trained staff includes clinically trained audiologists and professionals with years of experience in the issues surrounding hearing loss as well as other medical areas.
Our core UK company values are:
- Candidate & recipient focused
- Supportive & caring
- Dedicated & committed
- Technical & scientific
The successful candidate will interact with customers, colleagues and anyone else within their role in a manner reflective of these values together with our MED-EL brand, culture and expertise.
Putting people with a hearing loss at the centre of everything you do, as a subject matter expert you will:
- Provide customers with the most up to date product and scientific information – engage and develop their interest and intent to choose us and our products.
- Explain the unique benefits of MED-EL compared with competitors, keeping your product and competitor knowledge up to date.
- Attend and advise in surgery and at Temporal Bone Laboratories, attend fitting appointments with clinical specialists and provide general advice on candidacy, liaising with our excellent clinical colleagues both in the UK and abroad for opinion and guidance on patient’s clinical suitability.
- Prepare and present tailored presentations with the latest product and clinical data to present at clinic, regional and national meetings.
- Attend national and international conferences, including social activities
- Identify and support new business opportunities in both established clinics and appropriate new ENT / Audiology units, utilising our resources such as clinical, marketing, operations and our international knowledge and support.
- Work with colleagues to write and update individual clinic plans detailing each clinic’s current and potential needs from our product portfolio.
- Support Key Opinion Leader development such as suggested areas of expertise, speaker sessions identifying the level at which the speaker will have the maximum impact, training, resources or exposure required.
MED-EL are keen supporters of sharing best practice across the globe, to enable us to improve the lives of patients therefore we encourage close teamwork within the UK and with international colleagues in Headquarters and across the world.
Applicants should have proven medical sales experience. In addition some Audiology / ENT / surgical / medical device experience would be preferred.
Some flexibility is required in terms of evening, weekend and overnight stays for conferences, surgeries, relationship building and patient appointments. Whilst MED-EL do not have a formal flexi-time structure you would be expected to manage your own diary and maintain your own work life balance.
Whilst the successful candidate can be based anywhere in the UK and will be home based, travel is a significant part of this role. You will attend national clinic visits, national and international training, events and bi-monthly meetings at our UK head office. We anticipate you will spend no more than 90 nights per year away from home.
To apply for this position please forward your CV and covering letter including a statement of why you wish you join our award winning team to Lynne Bell, HR & Business Support Manager; Lynne.Bell@medel.com