Quick guide: Here’s how to ask your MP to sign the Early Day Motion on Hearing loss
Ask your MP to sign the Early Day Motion on Hearing loss
Alan Meale MP tabled an Early Day Motion (EDM) #772 on 04/02/2015 in the House of Commons on HEARING LOSS. The motion calls on the Government to request the NHS to commission NICE to prioritise the immediate development of a hearing loss clinical guideline to establish and maintain quality standards for people with hearing loss. CLICK HERE for more information about the EDM.
Early Day Motions are used by MPs to express their opinion on something or to draw the attention of the Commons to a particular issue or campaign. The greater the number of MP signatures the greater the potential impact.
Here’s how to write to your MP to ask him/her to sign the Early Day Motion on Hearing Loss. The following steps will only take 2 minutes of your time!
Please act now – MPs need to have signed up before 30 March.
- Check on http://www.parliament.uk/business/publications/business-papers/commons/early-day-motions/edm-detail1/?session=2014-15&edmnumber=772 to see if your MP has already signed the motion.
- If not, or if you’re not sure who your MP is, click on https://www.writetothem.com/
- Enter your postcode to bring up your local politicians (use the postcode of where you are registered to vote)
- Scroll down to find your MP’s name
- It will bring up your MP’s name and start a letter to them for you
- Either paste in the following text, or write your own message
I am writing to you to ask you to sign the Early Day Motion on Hearing Loss which was tabled on 4 February 2015.
Hearing loss can have a devastating effect on people’s quality of life, family life, education and employment opportunities, and is associated with an increased risk of depression and dementia.
I would like to draw your attention to the forthcoming National Action Plan on Hearing Loss. I ask that Government commissions NICE to prioritise the immediate development of hearing loss clinical guidelines for the NHS, to establish and maintain quality standards for patients with hearing loss.
- Enter your personal details (name, address, email)
- Review and send
- They will send you an email, which you need to click to respond to, in order for the message to go.
- You will get a confirmation email from your MP.
You can make a real difference by asking your MP to sign the Early Day Motion on Hearing loss.