TJ Audiology – BSA Certificate in Surveillance Audiometry – 2 days
his course was formally known as Industrial Audiometry. Suitable for occupational health workers and occupational health nurses who carry out audiometry in the industry setting. This 2 day training course will cover both screening and manual audiometry techniques according to BSA standards within a health surveillance programme. It will include:
- Anatomy and Physiology of the ear
- Otoscopy and health questionnaires
- Screening and manual audiometry – BSA procedure
- Noise induced hearing loss
- Health Surveillance programmes
- HSE requirements in the workplace setting
- Noise protection and noise management in industry
- Onward referrals and action level requirements
A certificate will be awarded upon attendance on the course and completion of a practical and written assessment.
This course will take place at Newbury College, Berkshire (50 minutes direct train journey from London Paddington).