Chairman’s Message July 2013
BSA and you: let’s get engaged
Politicians and journalists are apt to use the term ‘It is not a given’ when they mean we should not take something for granted. So let’s cut to the chase: do we take BSA for granted? Do we assume that BSA will always be part of the fabric of UK audiology? What if there was no BSA? What if no:
- annual conference or ‘Lunch and Learn’ seminars?
- Special Interest Groups?
- bursaries or funding for applied research?
- recommended procedures, clinical guidance or position statements?
- International Journal of Audiology or BSA News (soon to be re-launched as Audacity)?
- link with the International Society of Audiology or the European Federation of Audiology Societies?
- learned society providing links between knowledge, learning, service and impact?
- independent advice for stakeholders?