The Tinnitus & Hyperacusis Special Interest Group (TH SIG) is part of the British Society of Audiology (BSA), and provides an opportunity for multi-disciplinary professionals within Audiology, Hearing and Balance Science in the United Kingdom (who are BSA members) to engage and work actively together progressing the field of tinnitus and hyperacusis. To achieve this, the Special Interest Group Steering Committee will act as the professional advisory body for the BSA Council on this area.
The main objectives of this SIG are:
- To develop evidenced based assessment and management practice guidance for tinnitus and hyperacusis.
- To raise the standards across the private and public sector in tinnitus and hyperacusis management.
- To promote relevant research, disseminate commentary on new studies and provide lifelong learning for professionals through a range of CPD activities.
- To promote tinnitus and hyperacusis awareness to the professional community, particularly at primary care level.
- To advise professionals of onwards referral options and signposting.
The Steering Committee
Tendai Ngwerume (Chair)
Derek Hoare (Vice Chair)
Alice Davies (Secretary – Maternity leave 2017)
Peter Byroms (Secretary – Maternity Cover)